Tel: (403) 292-0274
Tel: (403) 292-0697
Fax: (403) 292-0734
Vice-Chairman and Director
Chris provides support for the investment team in the areas of strategy and risk management, as well as investment decision-making. He brings over 30 years of operating experience covering all facets of the Canadian upstream oil and gas industry. Chris is a member of ARC’s Investment and Governance committees. He currently represents ARC on the boards of Boulder Energy Ltd., Longshore Resources Ltd. and Steelhead Petroleum Ltd.
- Director of Sarafina Energy Ltd., Toro Oil and Gas Ltd. and Matrix Solutions Inc.
- Former President of Devon Canada Corp., a 200,000 bbl/d company with diverse assets in the WCSB, from 2004 to 2014.
- Prior experience includes leadership roles with a large multi-national, both domestically and internationally, and a junior Calgary based exploration and acquisition company.
- Education includes a Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering from Queen's University.
- Former Chairman of the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) and a member of the Oilsands CEO Council, as well as chairing numerous other committees.
- Current director and past Chair of the Board of Directors of the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- Member of the O’Brien Institute for Public Health Strategic Advisory Board.
- Former director of the United Way of Calgary and Area and former Co-Chair of the Calgary United Way campaign.