Tel: (403) 292-0671
Tel: (403) 292-0798
Fax: (403) 292-0693
Vice-Chairman and Director
John provides leadership support for the executive team in the areas of internal governance and investment decision-making. With his extensive background in creating, building and leading one of Canada's most successful oil and gas companies, mentorship of ARC Financial employees as well as management of ARC's investee companies is a primary responsibility. John is a member of ARC’s Investment and Governance committees, and currently represents ARC on the boards of Aspenleaf Energy Limited and Modern Resources Inc.
- Founder and Director of ARC Resources Ltd. from 1996 to Present. Chief Executive Officer from 2001 to 2013.
- Prior to joining ARC in 1994 was Senior Vice-President and Director at a major Canadian Engineering firm.
- Education includes a Bachelor of Science Degree (with Distinction) in Civil Engineering from the University of Calgary.
- Served two three year terms as Governor of the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers including 18 months (2002 to 2004) as Chair.
- Co-Chair of the Board of Directors of the Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre.