Tel: (403) 292-0809
Chief Energy Economist and Managing Director
Peter is responsible for ARC's strategic investment research and oversees publication of the ARC Energy Charts, a journal of energy trends. Peter provides analysis on technology and energy-related businesses to ARC's fund investors and portfolio companies. He is a member of ARC's Executive, Investment and Strategy committees.
- Joined ARC in 2002, with a background in geophysics and economics and 20 years experience, having worked at a senior oil and gas company and financial advisory firm.
- Bestselling author of A Thousand Barrels A Second and The End of Energy Obesity, and public speaker as an internationally recognized expert in energy matters.
- Education includes a M.Sc. in Management of Technology from the Sloan School of Management at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), post-graduate studies in econometrics at the University of Southhampton, and a B.Sc. in Geophysics from the University of Alberta.
- Adjunct Professor with the Haskayne School of Business and Industrial Research Fellow with the Institute for Sustainable, Energy, Environment and Economy (ISEEE) at the University of Calgary, and sits on Natural Gas Advisory Committee with the MIT Energy Initiative.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Esther Honens International Piano Competition Foundation.